Tuesday 2 March 2021

Tuesday Poem - Stayed The Same

The number has stayed the same again
This has caused me anguish and pain
I can't believe it hasn't dropped some
After all the hard work I've done

There were jelly babies and liquorice allsorts
Pringles and digestive biscuits
Chips and crisps and Haribo too
A cheeky Chinese and a Maccy D's
Several tubs of vegan Ben & Jerry's

I've worked out every day with good old Joe
Daily yoga with Adrienne too you know
I've walked more with the kids getting fresh air
And danced around the living room like I just don't care

I haven't drunk my water and I finished all the sherry
Too many cups of tea and slices of toast with butter
I can't eat dairy it's true but dark chocolate bars
Keep finding their way into my online shopping
Along with vegan goodies I must try

I've sweated and grunted and groaned
Resisted the urge to scroll on my phone
Done abs and weights and running around
Knackered my bad knee into the ground

I've ached and swapped rest days but never given in
Apart from last Sunday when enough was enough
I'm not sleeping, so tired
And grumpy too, snapping at everyone in my space
It's no surprise the scales haven't moved

I'm getting older, getting slower, taking longer to heal
But I've got to stop messing around as I feel
Unless I sort out my head and get going
I'll head into my 40th year knowing...

She could've done better. 


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment