Monday 8 March 2021

And... they've gone

Monday 8th March - the day the schools in the UK reopened. Whether this is a good thing or not with regards to the R-number, it cannot be denied that this is a good mental health day.

I woke up in a good mood. I did my yoga, had a shower, got me and two children breakfasted, dressed and groomed and I didn't lose my cool once. That's amazing. 

Both my kids were in such a good mood. They've been great through lockdown, but they've had some grotty days when all they've wanted to do is bicker. They are both so excited to return to school. It's my little one's first day of nursery and she was so brave. She practically ran straight in, no bother. I hope she has a wonderful time.

And my boy. My crazy, wonderful, autistic boy who won't let us give him a haircut... he was buzzing at being back in school with his teacher and his friends. Less enthused about doing school work but I reminded him it was Science Week and that seemed to do the job.

I came home and for the first time in forever, I smashed my daily word count on my work-in-progress before 10am. I feel amazing. I'm also freezing cold but I've managed two hot cups of tea. An also amazing feat. Today is the kind of day when great things get done. 

Shame I've got a huge pile of ironing to tackle lol. Still getting that done later will be another load off my mind. And I will have the time and the mental energy to be a super cool mum when they get home. All I have to do now is figure out what to cook for dinner. 


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment