Tuesday 23 March 2021

Tuesday Poem - Late Night TV

Sitting on the sofa at the end of the day
Hardly moving, lidded eyes
Too tired to press the remote
Netflix plays on and on and on and on
There's no need to move
Thought about getting an early night
Four hours ago
Should really have been working or ironing
Or reading one of the many, many books
On my nightstand waiting to be explored
But my body is sunk into the couch
And I'm just melted in place
Hardly breathing, slurping hot tea
Made by my beloved husband
Whenever I ask him to
I recoup for a few hours, gathering some energy
To gather myself and turn off the TV
Just another five minutes until the end of the show
It's a gripping cliffhanger and
Netflix plays on and on and on and on
A season a night, new shows, old reruns
Just filling up time for no reason

Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment