Monday 15 June 2020

Some Numbers

We are in our 13th week of lockdown here in the UK, although now we can share bubbles and restrictions seem to be easing. Shops opening and social gatherings now acceptable provided you maintain social distancing. So... not much different in my life.

Things my kids like to do - play at the park, walk on the pier, go to the beach, ride on the train, eat out at their favourite restaurant, swimming, visit family & friends - all things we can't do very easily at the moment for various reasons. Kids don't really get social distancing, the pier is shut, everyone is at the beach, I have to wear a face mask on the train and it freaks me out so god knows what the kids will think, their favourite restaurant is shut, we can't go swimming and I don't have a car.

This week I will have completed 13 weeks of PE with Joe. Like him or not, he's got me moving five days a week and when he stops doing Monday-Friday this week I'm going to pick up my fear and start walking outside again, 10,000 steps a day. I did when I was six months pregnant, I should be able to do it with a dodgy knee (still waiting to find out what's wrong with it.)

I am currently on day 65 of my 30-day yoga challenge.

There are only 4 weeks left of homeschool (hooray!)

There will be 7.5 weeks of school holidays in which we do have a holiday booked but... will we get to go? 

I have just under 20k written in my next novel so there's at least another 50k to go and a whole lot of dedicated procrastination talent just ready to shine.

Daily wordcounts will be in my future whether I like it or not.

At least I'm not counting calories. 


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books at her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment