Wednesday 24 June 2020

A Slice of Cake With... Amelia Hendrey

This week I am delighted to be having a slice of cake with Amelia Hendrey.

What kind of stories do you write?

I wrote a story about my life, throughout the book are genuine social services documents, a police interview and conviction which has never been done before.

Can you describe your writing why?

People motivate me to write, showing the world things they may not know, educating them.

Share with us your favourite passage from the book you enjoyed writing the most

I don’t have a piece I enjoyed writing the most. The fact I can give my book to a person who wants to read it, that’s my favourite part of the book journey.

Tell us a little about your book

My book is a true story about my life. The first chapter I’m 3 years old and walking through a town centre with my mother and it’s Market day, I hold her hand a little tighter because of the bustle it makes me nervous. We come to a clearing, she crouches down to me and says I’m just going in that shop I’ll be back in a minute. She doesn’t return.


What is your favourite cake?

My favourite cake would have to be chocolate brownie, every time. With or without ice cream or custard, I’m not fussy.


You can connect with Amelia on Facebook.

Join me next week when I interview Mercy Hollow.

If you would like to take part in A Slice of Cake With... please fill in the form found here. I'd be delighted to have you.

You can also support my writing endeavours and buy me tea & cake - it's what makes the world go round!  


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment