Tuesday 17 March 2020

Tuesday poem - Mother's Day

When becoming a mum I never realised
How much I'd both lose
and gain
My physical shape may never recover
Being sliced open -
twice!
- will do that to you
And then there is the lack of inertia
The complete removal of self
The dwindling desire to put you first
It's all too much...
effort, time, money, effort, time
When are you supposed to fit you in

When becoming a mum I never realised
How much I'd...
worry
panic
shout
cry
not sleep
cry
shout
panic
worry
It's a never-ending roundabout of grief
that I can't get off
But
It's also powered by smiles and hugs
Love and kisses
Home-made cards and snuggle time
Breakfast crumbs in bed one day a year
And daffodils in a jam jar


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop

No comments:

Post a Comment