Wednesday 18 March 2020

A Slice of Cake With... Dodie Hamilton

This week I am delighted to have a slice of cake with Dodie Hamilton.

Dodie Hamilton, The Spiritual Midwife, is known throughout the world for her work in psychic counselling and Healing, her particular interest being the Near Death and the Out-of-Body experience. Over thirty years she's given countless private consultations and appeared at the Mind, Body & Spirit Festivals. All her books and writings, no matter how real, how flesh and blood, as in say, A Second Chance, the first in the Gabriel Books, are borne of years of study and personal exploration, the late Robert A Monroe, of the Monroe Institute, Virginia, author of Journeys Out of Body, Far Journeys, and The Ultimate Journey, her mentor.

What kind of stories do you write?

I write about love and the keeping – or the losing – of it. Since I believe in Angels and Ghosts and all things that cannot be explained, I write about the Mystery of this world and of world beyond it, and the dreams we all share.

Can you describe your writing why?

I can’t do anything else but write. My head is so filled with words, people whispering – or shouting- telling me their secrets, I have to let some of it out, or I wouldn’t be able to hear my own voice! Even as a child the stories were there, just waiting to come out. 



Share with us your favourite passage from the book you enjoyed writing the most

I like this moment from The Light House Keepers where my person, Daisy Banks, is remembering the accident that crippled her, and how in the ambulance on the way to hospital her heart stopped beating: 

‘Death that snowy morning was laughter so wonderfully buoyant it lifted her out of her body.  The world fell away to the sound of glass breaking, and of Noddy Holder singing:  ‘... so here it is merry Christmas, everybody having fun, look to the future now, it’s only just begun…’  
Then there was Nanny Banks sitting on a cloud knitting, Freddie, the Dachshund, beside her: 
‘Are you staying, sweetie,’ she said, ‘or just passing through?’ 
Nanny died when Daisy was six, and the dog a month later. Then an Angel arrived. You’d think a Messenger from God would make the most of His moment, fly through the night on majestic wings and to the sound of trumpets. Not this one! Dolce and Gabbana leather pants hugging his crotch, a leather jacket with the letter G emblazoned on the back, he sat astride a Harley. Engine thrumming, he barred the way, talking as if he’d lived all his celestial life in the sound of Bow Bells.
‘Hello treacle. Where d’you fink you’re goin’?’



Tell us about your latest project

I have just completed Fettered Wings, the fourth novel in the series ‘The Helplessness of Angels.’  It is now available on Amazon along with other three of the series, A Second Chance, Perfidia, and Reluctant Angels. It’s been a big moment in my life to get this done. I’ve written three other novels between those in ‘Helplessness’ and feel some sense of achievement to get this done. The publishing of Fettered Wings has coincided quite nicely with a series of articles in magazines about my life as the Spiritual Midwife and the investigation into NDE’s and the Out-of-Body-Travelling phenomena that has been the joy of my life.


What is your favourite cake?

Chocolate Gateaux – the gooier the better – with pouring cream. Yum!


You can keep up to date with Dodie and her books on her Facebook and Twitter. All her books are on Amazon

Join me next week when I'm joined by Rebecca Lennard. 

If you would like to take part in A Slice of Cake With... please fill in the form found here. I'd be delighted to have you.

You can also support my writing endeavours and buy me tea & cake - it's what makes the world go round! 


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop

No comments:

Post a Comment