Tuesday 14 January 2020

Tuesday Poem - Socks


A great pair of socks
Is a wonderful thing
They make your feet rock
Make your toeseys zing

Match them, don’t match them
Pull them up, push them down
Never wear a pair that’s glum
Or a pair to make you frown

Watch out for holes in your heel
Or the ones at the end of your toes
That’s breaking the foot deal
You want ones without any of those

Stripy, spotty, ziggy and zaggy
Rainbow, black, white and plain
Woolly, bobbly, gnarly and saggy
Flowers and stars, never the same

Christmas means new ones to wear
Those squishy parcels under the tree
Giving love to your family to share
Don’t forget new socks for me!



Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

3 comments:

  1. Haha. Stupendous! I quite enjoyed this and I think it really has a Dr. Seuss feel to it. And that's the best compliment a writer can receive in my opnion. Thanks for sharing! Gave me a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post! eaglesocks.com

    ReplyDelete