Tuesday 7 January 2020

Tuesday poem - Evergreen

You are evergreen in my thoughts
I miss you
This time of year, the holes in family appear
Somehow the heat of summer
The growth of spring
And the fading warmth of autumn
Hold back the memories
But now
In winter
I miss you
Timeless you exist
Never changing
Frozen in happy memories
Of times gone by
Of hugs and love and smiling events
Evergreen you remain
Same smile
Same face
Same smell
Same powerful loss
That will always be constant
Like the pines that keep their leaves
I keep my sorrow at your passing



This poem is from Little Book of Winter, #5 in the Little Book poetry series.

Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment