Tuesday 13 September 2022

Tuesday Poem - My Queen

Not long now
The message I received
Incomprehensible
What do you mean?
Checking the news with near religious fervour
To discover
It's your time
But that's not right
You've always been there
Smiling, glowing, leading
With hope and kindness
A steadfastness of light
And then, I saw
The flag at half mast
My stomach dropped
That was the end
Of your reign
All my life, you've been 
My Queen
All my life, you've been
Part of my family
All my life
How did the years fly by so quickly?
How did I suddenly lose you when you've been leaving for a while?
How?
Why am I so sad? So very, very sad
Go softly into the night, dear Queen
Go gently into the black, dear Queen
Go join your beloved husband once more
Go with grace, your Majesty


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. Never miss out on future posts by following me.

No comments:

Post a Comment