Wednesday 7 September 2022

A Slice of Cake With... Tony Logan

Today I am delighted to have a slice of cake with author Tony Logan. 

Four decades ago a black egg hatched and out sprang Tony Logan. Obsessed with horror stories and films, he devoured them all and eventually wanted to create his own. Now he twists and manipulates words intended to terrify. His hellhound Achilles and hellcat Stoker always at his side.

What kind of books do you write?

I am a huge horror fan. Books, movies, games, anything. I have mostly written short horror stories but I am polishing a novel that leans more toward supernatural thriller. Also, I have a scifi story and a fantasy story, so I will eventually write and try out all kinds of story types, but for now—Horror is my jam.


Can you describe your writing why?

I think it mostly started with a much younger version of my friends and I leaving a less than satisfying movie and rewriting it in conversation to improve it. From there friends showed my roleplaying games. I became fascinated with those and before too long was running my own games and have been since the early 90s. There is a great satisfaction in people reading your work and being excited about it. That spark excites me and pushes me to write.


Share with us your favourite passage from the book you enjoyed writing the most

Steady raindrops pounded on the roof while the wipers flipped back and forth. He threw the car into drive and headed toward the Havern Traumatic Brain Injury Recovery Home. Most Thursdays he did this after this debate with himself. As he shifted gears, a small pang ached deep inside of him. One he tried to ignore but infected his idle thoughts. Tim’s gaze shifted from the road to the car’s armrest. He knew without checking, deep inside, under phone charger cords and old, random paperwork, sat six precious Vicodin pills. Six little white tickets to happiness. For emergencies, he lied to himself. His opioid hunger grew strongest whenever he visited Marc Kullen. It remained to be seen whether it was a psychosomatic effect of their relationship or a subconscious result of rejecting his rehab meeting.


Tell us about your latest project

While I still have a lot of clean up to do, I am currently working on my first book. It is about an eccentric billionaire that offers a long all expenses paid vacation to terminal patients with the agreement that afterwards, he gets to keep the deceased person’s body. (blood) It is a vampire-adjacent story. Is that a thing? Haha.

What is your favourite cake?

I really enjoy a Red Velvet cake. But honestly, I probably don’t turn down many types of cake. 


You can connect with Tony on Facebook: facebook.com/Tony-Logan-2301442073203851 and all his short stories are available on Amazon: amazon.com/-/e/B088VS385R.

Join me next week when I will be having a slice of cake with Karen Osman. 

If you would like to take part in A Slice of Cake With... please fill in the form found here. I'd be delighted to have you.

You can also support my writing endeavours and buy me tea & cake on Kofi - it's what makes the world go round!


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. Never miss out on future posts by following me.

1 comment: