Tuesday 1 March 2022

Tuesday Poem: Flipping Marvellous

Pancakes
Love 'em
This is at least my second ode to them
Round flat cakes of perfection
Flipping out the pan and onto my plate
I like ones with blueberries
With banana and lemon and sugar
With maple syrup, bacon and peanutbutter
(Try it!)
With chocolate and ice cream and oodles of awesomeness
Pancakes!
A cup of flour, a cup of milk and an egg
Bosh
Whisk
Pour
Watch for bubbles and then...
Flip!
Watch perfection soar and somersault in the air
Quivering gently as it lands with a slight sizzle
One for you
Two for me - well I am making them
We don't need an excuse to make them
But we'll use pancake day as a reason to eat them
For Breakfast
And Lunch
And Dinner
Mmmmm fluffy delumptiousness 

Eeep! I need lemons! And maple syrup! And eggs!
How is it pancake day already?


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. Never miss out on future posts by following me.

No comments:

Post a Comment