Tuesday 15 December 2020

Tuesday Poem - Wrapping

 I sit and stare at the tubes littering the floor

They hold reds and golds and greens

They glisten

Calling, begging me to unfurl their banners

But...

Each day I say tonight will be the night

Tonight I shall place the gift within the paper

Find the end of the sellotape

Loose the end of the sellotape

Cut ribbon and stick bows

Write illegible labels and hope they go on correctly

When did it become such a chore

It used to be a joy to curl ribbon

Choose the perfect paper for the perfect person

Write cheeky labels with hidden clues

Now it's to and from, no more, no less

Wrapping

All my evenings are now filled with wrapping

Large things, small things

Things I forgot I'd even bought

Wrap, wrap, wrap, wrap, wrap, wrap

Chant the rolls from the floor

 

I need more tea


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment