Wednesday 9 December 2020

A Slice of Cake With... Sydnie Beaupré

This week I am delighted to be having a slice of cake with Sydnie Beaupré. 


Sydnie is more than just a girl: they're an openly LQBTQ2IA author that lives in their own imagination: a post-apocalyptic, zombie-inhabited world, where magical creatures and supernatural occurrences are simply the mundane.

Outside of that, Sydnie can often be found in Montreal, Quebec where they were born and raised - and also where they chose to set their second novel, Such Exquisite Calamity. When they're not struggling to write at least one paragraph a day, you can find them reading the same six books they've been reading for the last two years out of obsession, playing their three-stringed violin, or singing very off-key despite being a great singer. And reliably, you can always find Sydnie spending time with their amazing friends and crazy family over a good cup of coffee or tea.

What kind of stories do you write?

I write the books I want to read; magic, curses, mental illness, you name it, if I want to read about it, I write about it. 




Can you describe your writing why?

The idea of people reading my stories is what keeps me motivated to write. I am a storyteller, and my biggest pleasure is sharing my stories with people willing to read them.

Share with us your favourite passage from the book you enjoyed writing the most

“Instinct takes over, as I flip her underneath me, holding both of her wrists above our heads, pinning them to the bed. “Glad we’re on the same page,” I say in her ear, before breaking free of my bones with a growl, reduced to an exalted, breathless, quivering spirit. I have never felt better. I have never felt so loved.” 

Such Exquisite Calamity


Tell us about your latest project

Meltingpot is an anthology written by neurodivergent/on behalf or about neurodivergent people. There is no theme, except that most of our contributors have some sort of neurodivergence or a family member who is neurodivergent. All proceeds go towards The Douglas Foundation.

What is your favourite cake?

My favourite cake is strawberry cheesecake!


You can connect with Sydnie on her website: https://sydniebeaupre.wixsite.com/sydniebeaupre

Join me next week when I have a slice of cake with Renee Hollands.

If you would like to take part in A Slice of Cake With... please fill in the form found here. I'd be delighted to have you.

You can also support my writing endeavours and buy me tea & cake - it's what makes the world go round! 


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment