Monday 28 December 2020

Author Plans for 2021

The plans for 2020 didn't really go to plan, did they? So as I brush the remains of that year under the mat, I look afresh to what I might be able to achieve in 2021.

New Books

It is my intention to publish The Silk Thief and The Bone Thief, the next two Roshaven books in my humorous urban fantasy series, featuring Ned and Jenni of course.

The Silk Thief has been written and been through my crit group so first-round edits need doing. The cover artwork has been created but not yet revealed so that's something to look forward to next year! Here's a teaser:

The Bone Thief is about 5k so far with a loose plot devised. It's already gone off at an unusual tangent so there should be lots to look forward to. No cover artwork has revealed itself to me yet but when it does, my cover designer Ian Bristow is ready to go.

I'm hoping to release them fairly close together next year but I don't have any dates yet. Stay tuned.

Audio Books

After the debacle of ordering the wrong mic, I now have the right one! Then it wouldn't work with my laptop - disaster. But it appears to quite like hubby's laptop so that's the next problem solved. I am just about to buy a home studio microphone reflection filter. It's very exciting.

I am planning to record The Interspecies Poker Tournament first, then The Rose Thief. I want these two audiobooks uploaded and out there before I record and release The Silk Thief but I admit, I am very nervous. 2021 needs to be the year I bite the bullet and just go for it.

And that's the plan. Written down, it may not look like much but if I actually manage to achieve all these goals that will be 6 new releases which will be fantastic.

Training For Me

I've got Nick Stephenson's Your First 10,000 Readers Course and a 'How-To' course from Derek Doepker for creating and uploading audiobooks. The other thing I really want to do is learn how to utilise BookBub fully and maybe even get that elusive BookBub ad - you never know!

Training For You

I deliver  'Buss Surgeries' for Pen to Print, and these are currently online so available for everyone who books a slot. There are usually four surgeries a year and I cover things like creating an author platform, using social media for authors, writing blurbs and how to create ads for your books. As soon as I have the dates for these, I will share them on my author website and Facebook page

Wishing you and your family a healthy, happy and prosperous 2021.

Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.



2 comments: