Monday 17 August 2020

Those Lazy Days...

You know when you kick back in the holidays, when the days feel like they're never going to end and you just get slow? When you're baked by the sun and tricked by long summer evenings into thinking that they will never end? And then suddenly you realise that September really isn't that far away and holy moly you've got a lot of work to do.

Those hazy, lazy days of summer have certainly put me in a contented comatose of thinking I have plenty of time left. I really don't. There are only two weeks left in August - two weeks! I've got to get the boy ready to go back to school and I've got to get me ready for the boy going back to school.

I had planned to release Little Book of Autumn in September but I've only written half the poems because, you know, I had all that summertime. 

I had planned to finish writing The Silk Thief by September because, you know, I had all that summertime.

I had planned to finish at least one of the training courses I've signed up to this year because, you know, I had all that summertime.

Well now I've only got two weeks of that summertime left and boy oh boy do I have a lot of stuff to get done. I need a vacation already!

Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment