Wednesday 12 August 2020

A Slice of Cake With... Alex Gedd

This week I am delighted to be having a slice of cake with author Alex Gedd.

Alex Gedd is a military veteran, now retired after a medical discharge, fulfilling a life long dream of writing full time. An avid reader, pet owner (his co-authors are six cats and two bird spiders) and a bit of a nerd.

What kind of stories do you write?

Above all, I write about people, how they interact with the world and each other. The need to stay human no matter what. Oh, and this is all happening in the future and some of my characters are genetically engineered and there's space travel. 

Can you describe your writing why?

Writing is a form of relaxation for me. An escape from reality, if you will, and often the only way to share my experiences, things I don't want to remember and can't forget. I see glimpses of people I served with or knew in my characters, and that's my tribute to them. 

Tell us about your latest project

I'm writing a series of books called Weapons Don't Have Names; book one just launched on Amazon. It's a story of two artificial soldiers making a journey across the galaxy to complete a mission they were assigned - transporting two young women who might have some very secret and very dangerous information. It gets dark and violent in places because the future world is anything but utopian, but there's hope, friendships and some comic relief as well. 

What is your favourite cake?

It's probably a terrible thing to say here, but I don't have a sweet tooth at all, so I don't eat cake... or any sweets, really. But give me seasoned meat wrapped in a tortilla or other flatbread and I'll eat that all day. 

*****

Gasp! But we'll let you off - that means there's more cake for us! You can connect with Alex on Facebook and check out his books on Amazon

Join me next week when I have a slice of cake with David Kummer.

If you would like to take part in A Slice of Cake With... please fill in the form found here. I'd be delighted to have you.

You can also support my writing endeavours and buy me tea & cake - it's what makes the world go round! 

Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment