Tuesday 3 September 2019

Tuesday poem - Back to School

Tomorrow, tomorrow, it happens tomorrow
And while my heart is not filled with sorrow
I may miss him a little

The summer has been long, the summer has been hot
We have done our best not to get tied up in knots
But it will be strange

The days have stretched ever onwards with no limitations
Yet the children continue to be filled with high expectations
I shall be glad of the rest

Autumn snuck in through the back garden gate
But summer hasn't quite realised its terminal fate
The school run doth begin

The weather forecast says sixty percent rain
I look forward to walking both ways yet again
He'll get there on time

Year two is looming ahead of him now
He'll get through some way, somehow
I can't be there

I'll dress him up smart and take him to the gate
I won't forget to pick him up or ever be late
He's counting on me


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment