Tuesday 24 September 2019

Tuesday poem - Scared of a Spider

Wait! What's that?
It ran under the mat
There's nothing there now

Out the corner of my eye
Several legs wave goodbye
Did I imagine that scuttle?

I'm sitting on edge
My feet on a ledge
In case it comes to get me

A web suddenly appears
Increasing my fears
That we've been invaded



They're good for the flies
But that doesn't stop the cries
As I run and hide

He's black and hairy
Most definitely scary
And he lives in my flat

I won't ask him to leave
Not even say please
As long as he doesn't eat me

Don't walk on my face
Or build a web in my space
And I'll let you stay

Otherwise, it's a glass trap
While you take a nap
And hubby will take you outside

Poem from Spooky Little Book (Little Book Series, #4) available now at Amazon & Smashwords.


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment