Wednesday 11 September 2019

A Slice of Cake With... Alexa Whitewolf

This week I am delighted to be having a slice of cake with Alexa Whitewolf.

Alexa Whitewolf is a dog-loving, caffeine-addicted, all-around travelling enthusiast. Author of three series of fantasy, paranormal and young adult, she spends her nights dreaming up new stories and her days fighting reality. She lives in Ottawa, Canada, with her husband and two mischievous furballs- Zeus and Achilles.  

What kind of books do you write?

Alexa Whitewolf is a dog-loving, caffeine-addicted, all-around travelling enthusiast. Author of three series of fantasy, paranormal and young adult, she spends her nights dreaming up new stories and her days fighting reality. She lives in Ottawa, Canada, with her husband and two mischievous I write stories that don’t end up in one particular genre. I’ve written romance suspense that ends up mixed in with action/adventure and mafia elements; I’ve written paranormal romance mixed in with fairytale/mythological components; I’ve also written fantasy but the romance variety, mixed in with historical/mythological/legend retelling, specifically with the Arthurian legend, but in my version you find Faes and sorcerers and demons and fallen gods, Definitely nothing that falls into a single word!furballs- Zeus and Achilles.  


Can you describe your writing why?

Emotions! Since I was a kid, I’ve always been a ball of energy packed with emotions. It wasn’t until I did aikido while in high school that I learned to master them. Another way to do that? Writing. I pour everything I feel into writing, because it keeps me sane. And knowing someone on the other end is reading my words, absorbing how my characters interact with one another, THAT is the truest motivation for everything I write! 

Share with us your favourite passage from the book you enjoyed writing the most

I started answering this question three times and deleted my answer, so I’ll go back to my original one. This is a section from Avalon Nightmares. In my version of the Arthurian legend, Morgana and Merlin are lovers, but something tears them apart, leading Morgana to hate his guts and want to destroy him. This is a part towards the end of the book, when they meet once more….and Morgana has a chance at revenge.


Tell us about your latest project

Oufff ok, so I started this year working on 4 novels, and so far have wrapped up 3 of the 4. One is progress now and I can’t quite share that, but the one I just finished is my 3rd wolf book, Third to Tumble. The story goes back to Rockland Creek where my favourite four werewolves live, and follows the rule-follower/ex-lawyer/Irish Finn, as he falls in love with the mysterious Elisandra…Who’s not all she seems.

I absolutely LOVED writing these two! Finn is a real sweetheart, but what I truly enjoyed was pushing his buttons. In the first two books, you see him as this cool, collected guy, always telling Dom & Tristan (the other two wolves) to listen to their alpha (Lucas), even when their respective love interests make them act all haywire. 

That being said, in Third to Tumble, Finn definitely loses that “cool, collected” exterior and shows his, err, more primal self.

I also loved digging into Irish mythology to pull a couple folkloric creatures into the storyline, as well as my usual Romanian ones. 


You can find more about the series and read excerpts on my website: www.alexawhitewolf.com/moonlight-rogues 

And they’re also all available on Amazon & all retailers. Plus, I sell all my books via Payhip as well, and you can get some cool discounts when you buy more than one! 

What is your favourite cake?

Tiramisu!!! But, with loads and loads of rum. I’ve got a sweet tooth, it’s a miracle I was able to stick to one for this answer hehe!


A great choice! You can also connect with Alexa on Facebook and Twitter

Join me next week when I'll be having a slice of cake with Nathan Burrows.

If you would like to take part in A Slice of Cake With... please fill in the form found here. I'd be delighted to have you.

You can also support my writing endeavours and buy me tea & cake - it's what makes the world go round!


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment