Monday 18 July 2022

34 Hours

I have discovered that I can stay awake for 34 hours and that is my max. At that time I walk like I'm intoxicated, cry a lot and continually nod off, waking myself up with a jolt when travelling on a train. 

I won't go into the reason why I was awake for so long but I have experienced limited sleep before - two children lol - however this was on a whole new level. 

My hat goes off to anyone who regularly has to function with little to no sleep. 

Seven hours into my 34-hour stint, I went to a garden centre I've visited many times before and the little pagan shop that has never been open before was open. Obviously I had to go in and have a rootle. That's when I found her. My Gaia. Practically the exact goddess I imagined in my books so very excited to see her and bring her home. 


We are about to head on into the summer holidays so writing time will be shoehorned in as and where possible but the next book is well on the way and I just need to keep the momentum going. 


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. Never miss out on future posts by following me.


No comments:

Post a Comment