Wednesday 9 February 2022

A Slice of Cake With... Bambi Harris

Today I am delighted to have a slice of cake with author Bambi Harris.

Bambi is the Australian-American author of numerous novels, most notably the popular, Afterlife Series, an Afterlife-based series that follows Penny Lane's chaotic day to day life beyond her death. 

​A prolific novelist and instinctive luminary, her books are touted for their unique voice and engaging storylines. Catering to both adult and young adult in content, her themes include death, romance, murder, time travel, history, the supernatural, and most of all, mystery.

She lives with her husband and dogs in rural USA in a historical museum themed house. She enjoys antiques, history, vintage clothing and charitable pursuits.

Other than that she is a complete mystery.

What kind of books do you write?

Paranormal Murder Mysteries (including thriller/romance/various time periods), 1960s Time Travelling Coma Patient series, Afterlife Series (set in the afterlife), 1800s Post Mortem Photographer Paranormal Murder Mystery Series and Inspirational Quotes.

Can you describe your writing why?

Unconventionally, I am not a reader. I didn't write when I was younger, and I can not tell you what compelled me. But one day when I was 27, I declared my intent to write a book, and so I did. Everyone liked it so much that I realized I was a good storyteller, so I wrote another. Now I have written forty-two so far and I am always being asked for more. The interest in my stories is why I write. The way they make people feel inspired is why I write. 


Share with us your favourite passage from the book you enjoyed writing the most

(I have written so many so just one of many favorites).

“Okay, okay,” he nodded like a salesman preparing for his pitch. “So say you just spent a few hours worrying about me punching you. Would it hurt more?”
I tried to think about where he would go with this but it was harder to contemplate in a dream state. “No, it would hurt the same whether I worried about it or not.”
“Ah ha! So you agree that worrying about it before hand was pointless?”
“Yes.”
“And worrying about it didn’t help you prepare for it?”
“No, because I didn’t know it was coming.”
“Exactly.” He leaned in to me. “So part one of this lesson; worrying about something is a waste of time because it won’t change the outcome.”
I held on to his teaching for a moment and took it to heart, knowing what he meant. “What is part two?”
He almost jumped with glee and spun around excitedly. “Just a change of perspective for back up so hold on. Okay, say if you knew it was coming, then you would worry about it because it was inevitable.”
“Okay?”
“Haven’t you ever worried about something and then when it finally happened it was nowhere near as bad as what you thought?”
“Lots of times,” I replied.
“So remember those moments when you start to feel the fear, Penny Lane. Your mind can create far worse realities than the physical world. Wouldn’t you then agree that ridding yourself of your imagined concerns would unburden your life a million times over?”
“Well when you put it that way, I guess if I was only left with real incidents, it’s not so bad.”
“Great, we are on the same page, groovy chick, you’re a true prodigy!”

Ghost Retrieval and Cappuccino (The Afterlife Series)

Tell us about your latest project

I have recently finished the paranormal murder mystery, The Bus. In 1968 four women were found slain in the back of buses in the small town of Haunting Pines. No witnesses, no suspects, no evidence.
Five years later, Skye Guthrie is sent to report on the recent 1973 murders that mirror the last spate of gruesome killings. After befriending an enigmatic writer with a secretive past, she tries to penetrate the wall of silence and get the locals to speak with her. Confronted with unrelenting rain and fog, she is swept up by an old haunting while facing the immediate danger of an elusive killer. Worse, she bears the burden of an old tragedy, returning to the place where a murder during her childhood set her name in infamy.

What is your favourite cake?

I can't eat gluten but I could never say no to a strawberry cheesecake.


Connect with Bambi here:


Check out her books on Amazon: www.amazon.com/Bambi-Harris/e/B006SHIY16

Join me next week when I will be having a slice of cake with Georgia Tingley. 

If you would like to take part in A Slice of Cake With... please fill in the form found here. I'd be delighted to have you.

You can also support my writing endeavours and buy me tea & cake - it's what makes the world go round!


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. Never miss out on future posts by following me

No comments:

Post a Comment