Wednesday 25 August 2021

A Slice of Cake With... Daniele Kasper

Today I am delighted to have a slice of cake with author Daniele Kasper.

Daniele’s travels have taken her around the world and back again, but her favorite adventures will always be found between the covers of a good book. From rescuing dolphins in the Florida Keys to getting chased by grizzly bears in Alaska, Daniele has taken her adventures and used them as inspiration for her writing. Eventually, she married a horse trainer and settled down in central Michigan. She is now a farm girl with her husband, The Cowboy. They have four rescue dogs, a multitude of cats and chickens and a couple of cowponies. Daniele loves reading and writing fantasy and science fiction. She also loves all things Outlander and Disney, can’t grow a garden to save her life and occasionally moonlights as an elementary teacher.  

What kind of books do you write?

I write books that take you out of your home and humdrum life and throw you into magical, fantastical situations that we always spend hours secretly daydreaming about. 

Can you describe your writing why?

I write because I have to. Once I have an idea, it consumes me until I start to write it down. I also write because I want to share my stories with others who may relate and connect to the characters or situation and enjoy what I write. 

Share with us your favourite passage from the book you enjoyed writing the most

Oh, wow. That is a tough one. I enjoyed so much of writing my novel that it is so hard to pick just one scene. I wrote a few really humorous scenes that were so fun to write. I love writing a little witty banter. But, I also loved writing the descriptive scenes. I think in the end one of my favorite scenes was Caine sharing one of the legends behind the constellations and he and Cara connecting over the shared idea of stars having a backstory. 

“Cara stared up at the stars, thinking about the three sisters who sacrificed themselves before they would betray each other. “They loved each other so much they died for each other.” 

“Sometimes, when you love someone that much, dying is the least you would do to protect them.” His voice was hushed as he gazed skyward.”


Tell us about your latest project

My book, which was just published in January, is called Cut Her Out In Little Stars and is an action-packed interstellar adventure with a touch of time travel and a splash of romance all set in future space. The sequel should be out next year! It is equally great for fans of Firefly and Star Trek as it is for fans of Outlander. The main character, Cara, ends up hundred of years in the future in a world she doesn’t quite understand. She meets the enigmatic Fleet Commander, who isn’t what he claims to be. I have several other projects in the pipeline, including a middle grade and a couple young adult fantasies. 

What is your favourite cake?

It’s not a cake, but key lime pie is my favorite thing ever.


You can connect with Daniele here:


Join me next week when I will be having a slice of cake with Eric Thomson. 

If you would like to take part in A Slice of Cake With... please fill in the form found here. I'd be delighted to have you.

You can also support my writing endeavours and buy me tea & cake - it's what makes the world go round!


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. Never miss out on future posts by following me

No comments:

Post a Comment