Monday 8 February 2021

Author Logo

An author logo sounds like a wonderfully straight forward thing to have. All the cool kids have one. And I've been thinking for a while that I'd like to get one. But what should it say?

Well, that proved to be the hard part because I don't write one type of genre. I write novels and short stories and poetry and novellas and flash fiction. I write sci-fi, speculative, fantasy and contemporary. Some of it is humorous. My sci-fi is hopeful dystopian. It's not something that easily mixes or can be encapsulated by a single image or phrase.

It took a long time of pondering but I managed to come up with a phrase that I felt worked for my writing:

Entwining creativity, wit & magic


Armed with the words, creative designer, artist and author Ian Bristow conjured up some artwork for me.



This will be replacing my author profile picture - which is after all, 5.5 years old and I've changed a fair bit since then. I still love cake though. 

Let me know what you think!


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

2 comments: