Wednesday 18 November 2020

A Slice of Cake With... Nicholas Turner

This week I am delighted to be having a slice of cake with author Nicholas Turner.


Nicholas is an author and a poet. His debut Sci-fi novel, Bulb, has hit multiple Best Seller lists. He enjoys spending his free time gaming, backpacking, and rock climbing. 

What kind of stories do you write?

Cyberpunk, Dystopian, Post-Apocalyptic, Neo-noir.

Can you describe your writing why?

I write because of my love for storytelling and bringing people together. I believe stories make us a better person, especially when you have conflicted characters. 

Share with us your favourite passage from the book you enjoyed writing the most

“The walls had been covered in black and red graffiti, the carpet stained, and the wooden floors gouged. Dishes, glass bottles, and furniture broken lay broken at every turn of the head. Fox started to feel guilty about what had happened to his house. He knew the hours and all of the time it had cost him to get the house. All of the people he had to screw over in the business world to make the money. It was upsetting, but at the same time, Fox felt he shouldn’t care. Everything here was material, and therefore, it wasn’t truly important. But something rubbed at the front of his skull. The idea of time and the loss of it. Fox was proud to have purchased this house at one point in his life, and now he felt the pang of guilt for how other people had treated it.”


Tell us about your latest project

I’m currently working on a sequel to my science fiction novel, Bulb! Fuse will be coming out either late this year, or early 2021, depending on how quickly I can write as I sell everything I own and move across the country! 

What is your favourite cake?

Cheesecake, of course!


A classic choice! You can connect with Nicholas on Facebook: facebook.com/nicholasturnerauthor 

Join me next week when I have a slice of cake with Matt Doyle.

If you would like to take part in A Slice of Cake With... please fill in the form found here. I'd be delighted to have you.

You can also support my writing endeavours and buy me tea & cake - it's what makes the world go round!


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment