Tuesday 22 September 2020

Tuesday Poem - Dwindling Light

 It’s getting dark now Mummy

The sun has gone to bed early

The birds aren’t singing anymore

And the clouds are grim and scary

 

It’s getting cold now Mummy

I don’t want to wear shorts anymore

I need a new rain jacket and wellies

Else there will be puddles on the floor

 

It’s very windy out there Mummy

It’s whipping all the leaves and trees

It doesn’t seem to have a problem

Blowing through me with ease

 

It’s so very rainy now Mummy

Drizzly and damp all day long

The comes the regular deluge

Like it was summoned by a song

 

The trees look so very bare now Mummy

They lost all their leaves

Do you think they need a hat or scarf

I don’t want them to freeze

 

It’s getting dark now Mummy

In the morning and before the night

I want an extra cuddle please

I want to hug you extra tight



Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

1 comment: