Monday 1 April 2019

Books read in March 2019



Quartet by Leo McBride


Recap: Four short, very different stories.


Review: My only criticism is that the writing is too short! Just as I settled into the stride of the story, the end was nigh and yes, I know, they're short stories but I wanted more. This is my first introduction to Leo's writing and I'm super pleased that I have more short stories in various anthologies from him to read.




Recap: The childhood memoir of Tara Westover, daughter of devout Mormons and survivalists.

Review: Wonderfully written with enough detachment to provide the facts and enough emotion for you to feel like you were there watching as events unfolded. A glimpse into another world almost for many of us I imagine and a real reminder that families can be the most destructive part of our lives.







Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment