Tuesday 16 October 2018

Tuesday Poem - Spider

Wait! What's that?
It ran under the mat
There's nothing there now

Out the corner of my eye
Several legs wave goodbye
Did I imagine that scuttle?

I'm sitting on edge
My feet on a ledge
In case it comes to get me

A web suddenly appears
Increasing my fears
That we've been invaded

They're good for the flies
But that doesn't stop the cries
As I run and hide

He's black and hairy
Most definitely scary
And he lives in my flat

I won't ask him to leave
Not even say please
As long as he doesn't eat me

Don't walk on my face
Or build a web in my space
And I'll let you stay

Otherwise, it's a glass trap
While you take a nap
And hubby will take you outside



Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Her latest novel, The Gaia Project, is out now! Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts exactly! Never trust a spider to keep his word—get rid of him one way or another. (PS: I deleted my first comment only because there was a spelling mistake, not because I changed my mind about spiders.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always do my best to gently evict them rather than squish them!

      Delete