Wednesday 17 October 2018

A Slice of Cake With... Ian Bristow

This week I am thrilled to be having a slice of cake with artist and indie author Ian Bristow.


Ian is the talented book cover artist behind Bristow Design, the award-winning author of the Conner’s Odyssey trilogy and a standalone novel, Hunting Darkness. He enjoys creating works of art and playing music - good food and a few beers with friends don’t hurt his feelings either. You can check out Ian's art on his Deviant Art profile.



What kind of art do you create?

Um… I paint fantasy! No, seriously, I love to paint everything from realism to fantastical. I think that to stay inspired, one must stay open. And with Bristow Design, my book cover artwork service is dedicated to offering professional design solutions at a price that won’t break the bank.



Can you describe your artistic why?

The way I feel when I do it. The way I feel when it’s done. The excitement of having ne ideas. The challenge of reaching goals. And definitely the way it feels when I am able to capture someone else’s vision. It is a really amazing feeling. 


Share with us your favourite painting

This is Balrog Vs Patronus:



Tell us about your latest project

One of my latest projects has been to create time-lapse videos for my work. Here’s one of my recent videos:



What is your favourite cake?

Strawberry Shortcake! It's amazing!


Well, Ian, I'm pretty sure we can have a go at making that! For those who are baking along, here is a recipe for Strawberry Shortcake

You can keep in touch with Ian via Facebook and Twitter

I must also add that Ian is the cover designer for three of my books - so far! The Rose Thief, The Gaia Project and the most recent, coming soon, The Interspecies Poker Tournament.


Join me next week when I will be having a slice of cake with indie author Assaph Mehr, grilling them gently about their writing life and of course sharing their favourite cake.

If you would like to take part in A Slice of Cake With... please fill in the form found here. I'd be delighted to have you.


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for cake with a renaissance man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian Bristow also does interior artwork. I cannot stress enough how easy he is to work with and how amazing his interior artwork is. Second to none. If you want to see more of his amazing compilations, visit my website and see how he has brought my characters to life: www.richardhstephens.com
    Cheers to Ian.

    ReplyDelete