Tuesday 30 October 2018

Tuesday Poem - Ghost in the Fridge

There's a ghost in the fridge
No, listen, it's true
It ate my cheese sandwich
Oh, if only you knew!

I'll put things in there
Thinking they're safe
But this ghost doesn't share
Let me make my case

It wasn't me who ate all the cake
And last week with the pudding
I'm on a diet for goodness sake
I didn't even get a look in

It's cleared out the leftovers
Munched through the veg
Left an empty box of clover
But eaten the ham, cold chicken and eggs

So if I know it's not me
And you say it's not you
Then who else can it be
Besides the one who goes boo


If you enjoyed this spooky poem, why not check out my latest poetry book - Spooky Little Book of Verse, a collection of thirty-one poems celebrating Halloween and other spine-chilling moments. Hide behind the sofa, watch out for the monsters under the bed and stock up on candy - you're going to need it!



If you're looking for something to do this Halloween, why not take part in the Sparkly Badgers' Ghost Hunt over on Facebook, just click here to take you to the event - it's free to join in and you can win a whole host of spooktacular books.




Good luck and happy ghost hunting!

Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment