Tuesday 7 August 2018

Tuesday Poem - Slimming Down

I'm going on a diet I said
As I flumped down upon the bed
My spare tyre would fit on a monster truck
And whilst eating no cake will definitely suck
I cannot deny the higher number
That's made me feel so very sombre
Too much sugar, too much fat
Too much sitting around like a cat
Not enough veggies on my plate
Not paying attention to what I ate
Portion control is out of whack
Willpower is something I sadly lack
I have no time for messing about
No patience for having to constantly count
I can't afford shakes or meals pre-planned
I'm just going to have to make my own stand
Cutting down, making swaps, going without
It's going to be tough, I have no doubt
Hopefully this time I'm onto a winner
Next time you see me, I'll be a bit slimmer!





No comments:

Post a Comment