Wednesday 1 March 2023

A Slice of Cake With... Julie Thorpe

This week I am delighted to have a slice of cake with author Julie Thorpe.

Julie has been writing since she was a young girl but never had the courage to chase her dreams until recently. A lot of events happened which have made her a stronger person. Julie loves interacting with people who read her books as she likes to know what they think of them and thinks it's nice to see who is interested in her work.

What kind of books do you write?

I write books about love. Whether these books are classed as regular love stories or have magic and supernatural creatures in them, I write them all. I’m a big romantic at heart.

Can you describe your writing why?

I’ve written stories ever since I could write as a child. It has a way of soothing me and helps me, a bit like therapy. Some people like to listen to music or go running but I like to write. Plus I have lots of ideas floating around in my head so sometimes I just feel the urge to get them down on paper and next thing you know, I have a book.

Share with us your favourite passage from the book you enjoyed writing the most

From Immortal Dawn:

I yanked the bathroom door open and strode out purposefully, bumping straight into Amy. Our bodies collided and I heard an ‘oomph’ escape her lips as she stumbled backwards at the impact. I grabbed her arms and held her steady as she regained her balance.

This is my favourite section of the book simply because it leads them to the next stage in their relationship, even though it is something quite harmless.  

Tell us about your latest project

I have just released a new book called Always Remember. It’s the third book in a series that I’ve been writing and it follows Cal and his daughter as they go through life without Cal’s partner. He needs help with his daughter when she starts acting out at school and this is where Louisa enters the story. Louisa becomes an integral person in their lives until something happens that can change all of their fates. I won’t say anymore but I hope people are enjoying it when they read it.


What is your favourite cake?

Ooh, this is a tough one. I love chocolate cake, doesn’t matter what kind as long as it’s got chocolate. I’m also partial to a Victoria sponge.


You can connect with Julie here:

Facebook Readers Group: facebook.com/groups/590065728485620
TikTok: juliethorpe56
Instagram: authorjuliethorpe

Join me next week when I will be having a slice of cake with Shannon McRoberts. 

If you would like to take part in A Slice of Cake With... please fill in the form found here. I'd be delighted to have you.

You can also support my writing endeavours and buy me virtual tea & cake via Kofi - it's what makes the world go round!


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. Never miss out on future posts by following me.

No comments:

Post a Comment