Monday 25 October 2021

Down But Not Out!

Friday afternoon saw me sitting in A&E after my right knee gave way completely and I was unable to put any weight through it for a good two hours previous. Fun times.

It turns out that my rapidly thinning meniscus cartilage has been continuing to rapidly thin leaving my knee joint bones to rub up on each other. I basically have the knee of an 80-year-old.

Fast forward to today, Monday, and I'm equipped with a sexy knee brace, crutches and some wicked pain killers plus a telephone appointment with Physio in 5 weeks time. I can tell this is going to be one of 'those' injury stories. 

You know, the ones that just run and run and run. But I'd better not talk about running. It's a sensitive topic.

No, all I can do now is try not to eat my body weight in mince pies - tricky but not impossible - keep moving somehow - impossible but not tricky - and keep my chin up. I hear the waiting list for knee replacements is only three years. And, as an extra incentive... I am 'too young' to qualify. 

They say life begins at 40. I think I want my money back.


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. Never miss out on future posts by following me

No comments:

Post a Comment