Tuesday 6 April 2021

Tuesday Poem - This Ham Is Grey

I have online food shopping
It works for me
Fussy children
And dietary needs
Makes it straightforward
Until
Something goes wrong
This ham is grey I exclaim
This is not the colour of ham
I wrack my brain to think
Is ham ever grey?
Check the eggs are they whole?
Did the bread get squashed?
They put loo cleaner in with the food
And gave me bags I didn't ask for
Chilled and frozen mixed with non
It's the first time it's been this wrong
I'm not knocking the service
I think it's been grand
And they've done fantastic
Through all this lockdown
But really...
The ham is grey!


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment