Monday 12 October 2020

3 To Go

With only three months of 2020 left, most of us are eager to see the end of this year of 'new normal' and are more than happy to shoehorn it out the door. Believe me, I applaud the sentiment but, I can't help feel a little overwhelmed that another year is drawing to a close and I don't seem to have made any headway. 

Where am I with my writing plans? Well, first of all, I can't seem to find the plan I made so that's a great start. 

Little Book of Christmas is meant to be coming out before Christmas, go figure, and if I manage it then that will complete the Little Book Series. Brilliant but... no-one buys poetry so it feels a lot like an empty gesture. 

The Silk Thief, a Ned and Jenni Roshaven book is currently in first draft edits but progress is slow. Really slow.

The Bone Thief, the next Ned and Jenni Roshaven book will be created, whether it likes it or not, during NaNoWriMo.

I decided to record all my Roshaven audiobooks myself so I bought a course, I bought a mic and I did not count on lockdown and homeschool. My boy finally goes back to school and I discover I have the wrong mic. Ugh. Now finally rectified, I need to find the oomph to get started again. These books are definitely not going to record themselves. Although how cool would it be if they did?

And that's kinda where I am. I've got some training to do, lots of writing craft books to read and a huge stack of Writing Magazine to catch up on. I still have the Kat books bubbling away on the very, very back burner but... who knows when I'll get to those. 

So whilst I'm very happy to see the back of 2020 for scary-ass virus-related reasons, I'd like time to slow down a little while I am trying to work so I can at least catch up a bit. Just a smidge. 


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment