Tuesday 18 February 2020

Tuesday Poem - Getting Older

I'm getting older it's fact
Not a lot I can do about that
My joints are more creaky
Other things are more leaky
I forget things a lot
Feel cold when it's hot
Drink way too much tea
Got a very dodgy knee
A grey hair or two
Often needing the loo
Get nervous when it's icy
Can't eat foods too spicy
Don't need so much sleep
Have less tears to weep
Kids are too loud and scary
Wearing clothes way too lairy
No one has any manners anymore
Saying thank you or holding doors
Everyone is in such a massive rush
Head down, no eye contact, push, push, push
I hope that wasn't ever me
When I was young and didn't see
That I too would get old


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment