Tuesday 25 February 2020

Tuesday poem - Cold Wind Doth Blow

My goodness it's windy out there
It's a wonder I've got any hair
left!
We've had storm Brendan, Ciara and Dennis
Each one showcasing its own merits
I usually love living here by the sea
But it's a bit too blowy here for me
One step forward to three steps back
Windproof clothing I sadly lack
I've got wellies and brollies and hats
The wind sails through all of that
Brrrr!
It gives you a headache
It makes you late
It kills your hair
It's closed the fair
Half-term was a weather disaster
As the wind blew faster and faster
Instead of more gusts and storms
Could we have snow on our lawns?


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment