Tuesday 2 July 2019

Tuesday poem - Just One More

Just one more episode of that top TV show
It's Netflix and chill time dontcha know

Just one more chocolate biscuit to dunk in my tea
My waist is expanding but I choose not to see

Just once more chapter of my latest read in bed
Despite two tired eyes filling full of zeds

Just one more snooze hit on the phone alarm
A brief moment before kids destroy the calm

Just one more cup of tea, with the milk in first
There's nothing quite like it to quench your thirst

Just one more sweep of my social media feed
It goes on and on, growing at tremendous speed

Just one more hug at the end of the day
Spending some time in my favourite way

Just one more poke into your sleeping ribs
Cos you snore as loud as a stuck pig


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment