Tuesday 10 December 2019

Tuesday poem - Wrapping

I sit and stare at the tubes littering the floor
They hold reds and golds and greens
They glisten
Calling, begging me to unfurl their banners
But...
Each day I say tonight will be the night
Tonight I shall place the gift within the paper
Find the end of the sellotape
Loose the end of the sellotape
Cut ribbon and stick bows
Write illegible labels and hope they go on correctly
When did it become such a chore
It used to be a joy to curl ribbon
Choose the perfect paper for the perfect person
Write cheeky labels with hidden clues
Now it's to and from, no more, no less
Wrapping
All my evenings are now filled with wrapping
Large things, small things
Things I forgot I'd even bought
Wrap, wrap, wrap, wrap, wrap, wrap
Chant the rolls from the floor

I need more tea


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment