Monday 19 August 2019

Poetry Book Relaunch

I never planned to write any poetry books, it just sort of happened and I realised that I actually really enjoy writing poetry. So I published Little Book of Verse. 

Then I decided to do NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month) which was awesome and challenged me to write a poem a day. So of course, I had another book of poetry to publish. 

Feeling confident about publishing my personal poetry, a book of summer poems and a spooky book of poetry quickly followed. I now had four books of poetry, which was great. And the small, select people who bought, read and reviewed them seemed to really enjoy them.

That's when I realised I had a problem. I had not thought about these books in terms of a series and so they were named incorrectly. I had not considered the covers as a collective and so they didn't fit together well. And I hadn't known that I would want to add four more books to the series.

I have learnt a lot about self-publishing in the almost three years I've been on this wild journey and it is now, in this third year that I have almost come a cropper. Books need to be reformatted. Covers need to be improved. Blurbs need to be thought about. The business of writing must be treated as a business. 

And so, without further ado, I give you the new, improved, Little Book of Verse series so far! These are not available to buy on Amazon yet. Unfortunately, I am still not that organised - but they will be uploaded within the next month and don't worry, I'll let you know when I do it.


Little Book of Verse
Book 1 in the Little Book Series
A poetry collection by Claire Buss

A collection of both humorous and sincerely heartfelt poems from award-winning author Claire Buss. Her poetry is simple yet beautiful as she touches the heart of family life and deals with difficult emotions. She offers insight into motherhood from being tired to having sore feet, having time fly and chasing those summer ghosts. This charming little book of poetry is the first in the Little Book Series.

“Claire’s poetry has both tenderness and heartache – a little book of substance.” Leo McBride, Inklings Press




Little Book of Spring
Book 2 in the Little Book Series

A poetry collection by Claire Buss

“Beautiful imagery”
“Poems to make you laugh and think”

Inspired by NaPoWriMo, this collection of thirty poems will delight readers with playful and personal poems exploring the ups and downs of motherhood with plenty of humour mixed in. Claire Buss explores life as a mum from the lighter side of life living by the seaside right through to dealing with powerful personal emotions.

Little Book of Spring is the second poetry collection in the Little Book Series.



Little Book of Summer
Book 3 in the Little Book Series
A poetry collection by Claire Buss

A scorching book of poetry from award-winning author Claire Buss. Little Book of Summer, a collection of twenty-one poems, is the third poetry collection in the Little Book series. Frothy and light verses on the joys of summertime. These easy to read, easy to enjoy poems touch on fun in the summer holidays as well as more serious issues like being homeless at the seaside and picking up your rubbish.

Little Book of Summer is the third poetry collection in the Little Book Series.






Spooky Little Book
Book 4 in the Little Book Series
A poetry collection by Claire Buss

Hubble bubble, toil and trouble
What are we putting in it this time?
Is it the potion for indigestion
Or the one to get rid of the dust

Eye of newt and toe of bat
Or rather some shrivelled old apples
And some leftover sausage
Should work just the same

Mum. Poet. Lover of cake. Claire Buss’s Spooky Little Book is a collection of Halloween-themed poetry celebrating everything spine-tingling and scary. Hide behind the sofa, watch out for the monsters under the bed and stock up on candy – you’re going to need it!

Spooky Little Book is the fourth poetry collection in the Little Book Series.
All the covers were designed by my sibling Charlie Harwood and we have four more plus a complete collection cover to reveal next year when the rest of the books are released - exciting times ahead!

In the meantime, my Facebook page - Little Book of Verse - has regular updates and poems for you to read. 


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment