Tuesday 18 June 2019

Tuesday Poem - Cup of Tea

The toddler alarm blares loud and clear
I stumble through nappy changing
Rub crusty eyes and put the kettle on
It's time for a cup of tea

Two breakfast made and destroyed
Uniform found, teeth brushed, shoes cleaned
Reading book, spellings, lunchbox or dinners
No time for a cup of tea

An hour walk to school and back
In rain, wind, sun and occasional snow
We stop off for toddler time
I am owed a cup of tea

Lunch is a blur
Afternoon cartoons reign supreme
There's work to be done
But first a cup of tea

One more trip to school and back
Then it's homework and dinner and bathtime
Snuggly bedtime stories are my favourite
Then I sit, with a cup of tea


You can support my writing endeavours by buying me tea and cake.


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment