Tuesday 12 February 2019

Tuesday poem - Be My Valentine?

Roses are red, violets are blue
But you already know I love you
And I prefer carnations anyway

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
I'll stop for a moment, if I may
Cos it's hot and sweaty and I forgot my suncream

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways
You make a pretty decent cuppa, most days
But I wish you could cook dinner from time to time

O my luve is like a red, red rose
And even though I cannot touch my toes
I'll hug you with all my might

Love is a many splendored thing
And one of the reasons I wear your ring
But it's also important to note

I don't love your bottom burps
I don't like the way you slurp
But I'll be here all year round

Cos I'm yours and you're mine
And together we get along just fine
Happy Valentine's Day!

If you'd like to support my future writing endeavours, you can buy me tea and cake.



Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment