Saturday 11 September 2010

P.S. I Love You

I can't help it, I am a total romantic.  Even after bad breakups and a failed marriage, I am still a romantic at heart.  I still think ahh when I see couples strolling hand in hand down the pavement, I still love reading a romantic novel and willing the guy to get the girl.  I love being immersed in the romance story at the cinema and watching that tentative flush of emotion.  I sing along to the love song on the radio and feel happy that someone, somewhere out there is feeling loved.

A classic love story - boy meets girl, girl meets boy, there is wooing and everything is all pink and rosey.  I sometimes think there is not enough wooing in the world.  When was the last time you sent/received flowers?  When was the last time you told someone how much you cared?  When was the last time that you did something for no reason at all but to see the other person smile?  Loving someone can lift you up and can make your whole day shine. 

There are many different types of love in the world.  The love you feel for your friends that means you will do anything and everything you can for them - make them laugh, keep them smiling and be a shoulder for when they need it.  The love you feel for your family who although they drive you wild and send you up the wall at times, you can never get away from the fact that they are blood and they need you in their own peculiar way.  And then there is that love you have for another person.  Despite it all having gone horribly wrong before - I live in hope that romance will once more cross my path and I get to say, once again...p.s. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment