Tuesday 26 January 2021

Tuesday Poem - Another Baby

Let's have another baby he says
Like it's been on his mind for days
I have to pick myself up off the floor
I was certain we wouldn't have more
Pregnancy doesn't like me you see
And my body wouldn't survive three
He says if we had money and space
Got ourselves a lovely big place
We could have another one or two
By now my face is turning blue
I love my kids don't get me wrong
But I am not that mentally strong
Having a boy and a girl is just right
Plus they both sleep through the night
I'm not natural mother material really
And as much as I love hubby dearly...

This time I'll be saying most definitely
Thank you but no! 


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

1 comment: