Tuesday 14 April 2020

Tuesday Poem - Crisps

I love crisps
I love the crunch and the munch
I love the rustle of the packet
and that salty nomnomnom

Me and crisps go way back
Back when they used to come with a little salt pack
Back when cheese & onion used to be green
and salt & vinegar used to be blue

These days there are so many flavours
In can be hard to choose what to munch
And now that I'm dairy-free
I have to read alllllllll the ingredients

A crisp sandwich is still a fun guilty pleasure
And dipping crisps in food or with pate
They go with every filling
Perfect for every snack occasion

I just try not to note the fat content
Especially in the share bag I didn't share
Or the tube of Pringles I hid behind the microwave
until the kids had gone to bed

Crisps can be shared
But they're more likely to make you mean
As you hold the packet possessively
And lick your fingers after each dip

Yeah me and crisps are good mates
We see each other nearly every day
I just can't seem to leave them alone
Maybe tomorrow I'll...

... ooooh is that a new flavour?

Image by Daniel Reche from Pixabay
Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop

No comments:

Post a Comment