Wednesday 15 May 2019

A Slice of Cake With... Rose Montague

This week I am delighted to have a slice of cake with indie author Rose Montague.

Rose has always been a big reader and her dream of becoming a published author became a reality when Jade was published in November 2013. Rose has worked both in a library as well as several bookstores. She lives in Elon, NC.

What kind of books do you write?

My goal is to have fun writing fun books to read. I'm looking for readers who want to escape the harsh realities of the real world by taking a few hours and diving into mine.

Can you describe your writing why?

It's not all fun and games. There are some messages and themes in my writing. One of my hobbies that began before I wrote my first book is advocating for those that have been falsely accused and wrongly convicted. You will see examples of this in my writing dealing with a corrupt justice system and those in power using that system to further an agenda. I also emphasize diversity with those with not the normal sexual orientation playing a major role. Then you have the whole good versus evil thing. We don't want evil to win. I'm big on friendship, loyalty, and self-sacrifice. These are themes you will find in my writing.


Share with us your favourite passage from the book you enjoyed writing the most

This is a scene from Norma Jean's School of Witchery, Book One: Jewel. Jewel has a gift allowing her to see several seconds into the future. Sometimes that works best with her eyes closed.

“This a friend of yours, Wyatt?” his Mom shouted, looking like she was about to lose it.
“Yes, Mom,” he said, but he didn't sound too happy about it. Nothing I could do, things were about to get worse.
I reached the house and went around the side of it, still flying, with the truck bouncing up and down and hit the edge of the woods, turning the lights off at the same time as I jerked the truck left, right, and left again, weaving between the trees I knew were there only from my gift. It was pitch-black dark in the woods. The only lights came from the dashboard. Limbs were slapping against the truck on both sides and the sound of small bushes we were running over scraped against the bottom of the truck. A loud snap and a crack appeared in the front window on the passenger side.
“Trust me, Wyatt,” I shouted above the noise and his Mom's now also sobbing, pleading demands for me to stop.
“Her eyes are closed,” screamed his Mom. “We're going to die!”



Tell us about your latest project

I'm working on a couple of projects, a new standalone Science Fantasy called Wiznewski James and Book Three in my Norma Jean's School of Witchery series. Sometime this year on both, hopefully.

What is your favourite cake?

German chocolate ♥


This has certainly been a popular cake on the blog this year - I think I need to make one and see what all the fuss is about lol.

You can connect with Rose at her website, follow her on Facebook and Twitter and check out her bookshelves on Goodreads

Join me next week when I'll be having a slice of cake with Donise Shepard.

If you would like to take part in A Slice of Cake With... please fill in the form found here. I'd be delighted to have you.

You can also support my writing endeavours and buy me tea & cake - it's what makes the world go round!


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment