Sunday 1 July 2018

Indie Pride

So today - 1st July - is Indie Pride Day. It's a day for independent authors to stand up and say - yes, I'm an indie author - yes, I'm proud of publishing my own books.


In fact, I'm proud of being part of a supportive network that encourages and motivates others. One of my fellow indies created a blog post where indie authors recommended another indie author - it's a great post showcasing some wonderful talent. You can read the post by clicking here.

I've met indie authors who've beta read for me, who reshare my promotional posts, who get involved with my competitions and who are always happy to answer questions and give advice. They are always at the end of a message.

Writing is a very personal, emotional and solitary endeavour. No matter how supportive your family and friends are unless they are writers as well they will never truly understand the immense emotional rollercoaster you experience everytime you write something and then release it into the world. Having someone you can talk to about your latest work-in-progress problem is huge. 

So I'd like to take a moment to say thank you to my indies - you rock!




Claire Buss is a sci-fi, fantasy & humorous writer and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment