Wednesday 10 August 2011

Green, green grass

I am homesick.  I am actually sick for home.  I miss:

  • my bed
  • my sheets
  • my pillow
  • my shower
  • my lotions and potions
  • my tea cup
  • my milk
  • my tiny fridge
  • my cooking
  • my sofa
  • my TV
  • my music
  • my Internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • my clothes
  • my swimming pool (ok not mine but you get the picture)

Basically my everything.  But the one thing that I am missing more than anything is my better half.  I miss his smile, his laugh, his singing, his dancing, his high-fives, his hugs, his good-mornings, his happy attitude, his pick me up and his actual pick me ups, his sausage rolls, his light switching abilities, his gaming, his appreciative eating - well you get the idea.

Home sickness is not something that I remember really having had before and it's pretty brutal.  I sympathise with anyone who has had it before - I feel your pain.  I just want to go home so so so desperately.  These uni weeks usually fly by but this week is stretching for ever.  Once more time is doing its squirly whirly routine and dragging its ass whilst travelling at its usual speed and passing me by. 

Everyone keeps telling me 'soon be home time' which is not overly comforting but I guess it will soon be time to pack up and go and then I will be missing the freedom from the usual 9-5 grind and wishing myself away on holiday once more.  You just can't win these things I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment