Tuesday 1 January 2019

Looking Back At 2018


I'm not a big fan of resolutions - mostly because I never seem to keep them, however, I am interested in looking bad at what my goals were for 2018 and how successful I was in reaching them.

2018 Goal - Write More - ACHIEVED
I actually said I would write 1000 words a day. I can tell you now that didn't happen, even remotely! But I did have some new releases for 2018:

  • The Blue Serpent - my collection of flash fiction, available free when you subscribe to my newsletter



  • Tales from the Seaside, my second collection of short stories, taking a humorous look at life at the seaside.

  • The Gaia Project, book two in The Gaia Collection, continuing the story of Kira, Jed and their friends as they face the wrath of Corporation.

  • My fellow badger, CH Clepitt, and I put together the Sparkly Badgers' Christmas Anthology which includes a short story we co-wrote about a Badger Christmas Carol. All the proceeds of this book go to the Avon Riding Centre for the Disabled. 

  • I was also successful in this year's NaNoWriMo, laying down 50,000 words towards The Gaia Solution, book three in The Gaia Collection series.
  • Tales from Suburbia made the leap to an audiobook. Narrated by the fabulous Helena Little it is available on Audible and iTunes. 


2018 Goal - Read - ACHIEVED
Last year I said I was going to catch up on my TBR list and I was going to read books from the challenges that I set myself in 2017. Well, I did neither of those. Instead, I added a whole host of new books to my TBR list including another 50 or so indie author books which I am so excited about. I did make my Goodreads goal of 52 books for the year - in fact, I smashed it and read 62 books last year - yay!



2018 Goal - Bake More - ACHIEVED
I do love to bake and one of the ways I've stretched my baking skills has been with the launch of the interview segment on my blog - A Slice of Cake With - not only do we get to chat with other authors but I also find out what their favourite cake is and then attempt to make it. It's been a rather delicious adventure so far and I look forward to seeing what bakes come my way this year.



I reckon we can feel pretty happy with that - goals reached! So now to the more difficult part of the blog post. What goals do I have for 2019?

To be fair, it's much of the same - write more, read more, bake more - a pretty good way to start 2019. And with that in mind, let me remind you about my next release - The Interspecies Poker Tournament! 


If you'd like to support my writing endeavours, it is possible to buy me tea & cake, vital writing tools.


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find all her books on Amazon. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop

No comments:

Post a Comment