Wednesday 16 September 2020

A Slice of Cake With... Karina Kantas

This week I am delighted to be having a slice of cake with author Karina Kantas.


Karina is a prolific author of 13 titles. Including the gritty MC thriller series, Outlaw and the exciting award-winning, YA fantasy duology, Illusional Reality.

She also writes short stories and when her imagination is working overtime, she writes thought-provoking dark flash fiction.

There are many layers to Karina's writing style and voice, as you will see in her award-winning, flash fiction collection, Heads & Tales and in Undressed she opens up more to her fans, giving them another glimpse into her warped mind.

When Karina isn't busy working on her next bestseller, she's a publicist, author manager and VA. She's also the host of the popular radio show, Author Assist on the Artist First Radio Network and host of the YouTube show, Behind The Pen.

Karina writes in the genres of fantasy, MC romance, Young Adult. sci-fi, horror, thrillers and comedy, romance, PNR, dystopian and erotica.

You can find her on Facebook and Twitter, where she loves hanging out with her readers.

What kind of stories do you write?

I write in most fiction genres. 

Stone Cold is a very biographical novella without the murders and supernatural elements I’ve thrown in.

Illusional Reality, book one. Becky soon founds out her whole life is a lie and that she’s about to come face to face with an enemy she didn’t even know she had.

The Quest, book two of the Illusional Reality duology, award-winning novel. Yet again, it’s up to Thya to save her kinsmen. But now she has more than her life to worry about.

Heads & Tales is an award-winning collection of dark and thought-provoking fiction.

Undressed is my second collection of fiction, poetry and prose.

The Outlaw series. In Times of Violence, Huntress, Lawless Justice, Road Rage. Four books the tell stories about a group of people that don’t fit into society and refuse to bend to their rules. 

Toxic. Acid Rain forced Maloks to live inside mountains. But it’s not an easy life when you’re being watched and can be cast out at any given time.

A Flash of Horror. Taking the darkest tales from Undressed and Heads & Tales and making a separate collection.


Can you describe your writing why?

Life motivates me to write. Reading a great book or watching a great film, gets me motivated.

I have so many ideas running around my head, so I have to get them out. I get a lot of closure from writing. It’s like therapy sometimes.

Share with us your favourite passage from the book you enjoyed writing the most

From The Quest. Book 2 of the award-winning duology, Illusional Reality.

“I sense your presence, Bustak, come forth.” 
No sooner had she spoken, a vision appeared. A huge, floating mass of jellied flesh bobbed in front of her. There was no head, or body, and its only facial feature was a blinking eye in its centre. A red beam emitted from its ruby-red iris, landing on her chest. 
Was this the Bustak? The creature she’d feared?
“Appearances can be deceiving, Queen Thya.” No mouth opened, yet the Bustak’s voice was stern and demanding. “It was inevitable this encounter would occur, and I have remained for some duration to sight you. Do you know why you are in my presence?”
“I have been detained against my will, as I am sure you are aware. I have been enlightened to the fact that I am to be a sacrifice to you.” 
“A sacrifice?” His laugh quivered, as did the jellied flesh. “Nay, Thya, tis not the concept. King Theon realized your true potential and dispatched you to me and he will be greatly rewarded.”
“If not a sacrifice, what do you desire from me?”
The Bustak remained silent for some while before speaking again. “Do you not sense the spirit?” 
Her stomach dropped. “What spirit?”
“Have you not questioned where your strength and power originate from? You are unique, Thya, and yet unaware. I will not harm you. However. you will remain among your fellow Gestles for eternity.”

Tell us about your latest project

My latest project is a dark romance mafia thriller, Broken Chains. I’m writing this directly onto Wattpad, sharing it with the publics, before the book is even edited. I am then narrating each part, so people can sit back and listen to the book come alive. I’m also sharing chapter with my mailing list subscribers.

Broken Chains involves MI5, the Greek, Italian and the Russian mafia. Elizabeth Finaly, who is wanted, kidnapped and tortured by each of them. The book is half the way done, I see an ending in sight, but who knows how many chapters it will take to get there.

What is your favourite cake?

Coffee and Walnut.


A great choice Karina! Now, you can connect with Karina in lots, and lots, of different places:

http://bit.ly/FBFPKK - FB fan page
http://bit.ly/IRFBPAGE - Illusional Reality FB page
http://bit.ly/FBMCSERIES - OUTLAW MC series
http://bit.ly/AOMCA - Authors of MC Anarchy group

http://bit.ly/KarinaKantas Amazon author page
http://eepurl.com/daKief Newsletter sign up


Join me next week when I have a slice of cake with Lee Garrett.

If you would like to take part in A Slice of Cake With... please fill in the form found here. I'd be delighted to have you.

You can also support my writing endeavours and buy me tea & cake - it's what makes the world go round!


Claire Buss is a multi-genre author and poet, completely addicted to cake. Find out more about her books on her website clairebuss.co.uk. Join the discussion in her Facebook group Buss's Book Stop.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting me. The tea aand cake were scrummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome - good luck with the new book!

      Delete